
And Ridiculous!!! I always seem to speak too soon and then eat my words. I don't know what happened but I have been having intermittent groin pain over the last few weeks and I was trying to use jedi mind tricks to will it to go away to no avail. Hip pain, as much as it is intolerable, is somehow better than groin pain which generally hurts with every step as you move your leg forward. Fun stuff. I was in denial about it for a while and convinced myself it was just a tight psoas reacting to all the new activity but I'm really all too familiar with joint pain at this point to stay in denial for very long. I saw Dr. Seng on Friday and he was pretty certain it was referred pain from the cartilage delamination which leaves me thinking holy shit I'm really going to have to start thinking seriously about hip resurfacing in my 30s. Not at all the direction I was hoping to go but at this point I'm so fed up with my hip I'd glady get a new one if it meant I could be out of pain and get my life back even 80%.
The last week it has been the usual rollercoaster of being able to do a decent 1hr hike in Telluride last weekend at Bluegrass Fest to being reduced to laying low most of this weekend and icing my hip. I swam a few times this week so I am grateful for that but overall it was a pretty marginal showing by my hip. Today and yesterday I felt downright shitty but had some good time with friends and enjoyed the first real weekend of summer around here. At least the dogs are happy as it meant that I took them to the pond to swim no less than 4 times since Friday because I couldn't walk far enough for any meaningful dog exercise. Brian is gone for 4 days on a dude trip on the Gunnison River which means I'm a single dog parent but its always nice to have a little quiet time especially this time of year when its light so late. It is is pretty disheartening thinking about how it was this same weekend last year when Brian was gone on the same dude trip (Rio Grande) and I was hobbling around all weekend on my newly-injured hip. If there is anything positive to see in that sad fact I guess it is that at least I now have a diagnosis. I've said this before but I won't let another year go by without some major improvement. Here's to next June...
The last week it has been the usual rollercoaster of being able to do a decent 1hr hike in Telluride last weekend at Bluegrass Fest to being reduced to laying low most of this weekend and icing my hip. I swam a few times this week so I am grateful for that but overall it was a pretty marginal showing by my hip. Today and yesterday I felt downright shitty but had some good time with friends and enjoyed the first real weekend of summer around here. At least the dogs are happy as it meant that I took them to the pond to swim no less than 4 times since Friday because I couldn't walk far enough for any meaningful dog exercise. Brian is gone for 4 days on a dude trip on the Gunnison River which means I'm a single dog parent but its always nice to have a little quiet time especially this time of year when its light so late. It is is pretty disheartening thinking about how it was this same weekend last year when Brian was gone on the same dude trip (Rio Grande) and I was hobbling around all weekend on my newly-injured hip. If there is anything positive to see in that sad fact I guess it is that at least I now have a diagnosis. I've said this before but I won't let another year go by without some major improvement. Here's to next June...
No comments:
Post a Comment